AMS has more than 30 years of railroad industry experience.
We enable fast provisioning of qualified personnel and
top-of-the-line equipment for just about any project type. AMS operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week year-round, understanding that our customers do not tolerate downtime.
SERVICING YOUR NEEDS IN ANY DIRECTION
Multiple divisions of safety-conscious, cross-trained employees allow AMS to provide multiple skills while minimizing overhead fees to our customers.
AMS has eight locations with coverage in 29 states.
Click on the + below to learn more about each service.
AMS has an in-house engineering team to handle complex repair, maintenance, and construction work.
- Canopy Cutting
- Hi-Rail Brushcutting / Mulching
- Skid Steer based Slope Mower
- Bush Hog
- Chainsaw / Weedeating Crews
- Tie Replacement — Qualified track gangs to change worn/defective ties safely and efficiently
- Undercutting / Mud Removal — Excavator mounted undercutter bar attachment proficient in removal of soil and mud from 6”-plus
- Gage Securement — Qualified track gang to measure and bring rails back to Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) standard, reducing the risk of derailments
- Hydro / Air Excavation — Qualified personnel to excavate around sensitive areas using air or water, greatly reducing potential damage to signal wires and more
AMS has 5 qualified track inspectors to ensure that rails meet requirements for safety, derailment prevention, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) standards, and operational efficiency. Upon completion of inspection, receive a detailed report that outlines findings and includes a prioritized list of issues with photo documentation and recommended remedial action.
- Switch Installation / Replacement
- Frog Build Up and Maintenance
- Switch Point Replacement
- Switch Stand Maintenance and Servicing
- Switch Point Winterization / Thawing
- Yard / Road Salting
- Snow and Ice Removal
Whether it’s a derailment or traction motor change, AMS Services will beat expectations on cost and turnaround time. We specialize in Reclamation of Post Derailment goods with loss minimization.
- The AMS Fleet of Wet and Dry Vacuum Trucks are equipped to handle a wide range of products.
- AMS Vacuum Trucks are “creep system” equipped, allowing for a safer operation than the riskier track side.
A Fleet of Lowboy, step deck and drop deck equipment allows AMS to provide seamless oversize and overweight hauling. From permitting to escorting, AMS can haul it!
- Complete crossing rehabilitation
- Crossing board installation
- Asphalt approach work
Our teams have 20-plus years of experience and are well versed in Association of American Railroads (AAR) open top standards.
- Paper Rolls
- Bulk Items
- Plate Steel
- Steel Coils
- Dry Bulk